I don’t know about y’all, but for me the holidays always mean FOOD. Lots and lots of food! I’m sharing two of my favorite recipes below that are classic and sure to always be a hit!
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE:
• 2 cans of green beans (cut, french style- personal preference)
• 1 can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup
• 1 6oz container French’s fried onions
• 2/3 cup of milk
• Salt and Pepper
• Garlic powder
• Onion powder
• Velveeta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 2 quart casserole dish, combine green beans, soup, and milk. Season with salt & pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Once ingredients are completely mixed, add some of the French’s fried onions and mix thoroughly.
- Put into oven and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, add slices of Velveeta covering the entire casserole. Now, if you want to be boujee and add fancy cheese, that’s your prerogative. But Velveeta certainly does the trick and is oh so yummy!
- Put back into oven until cheese starts to melt. Remove from oven and add remainder of French’s fried onions on top. Put back in the oven and cook until the onions start to get golden brown. VOILA!
• 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
• 1 can creamed corn
• 2 cans whole kernel corn (drained)
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup butter (melted)
• Shredded Cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together 3 cans of corn, Jiffy mix, sour cream, and butter.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of the casserole, return to oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. VOILA!
Do you see a pattern here? IT’s CHEESE. We are a little cheese obsessed in my house so pretty much everything has some cheese in it. Because it’s awesome!
These are always both super easy to make. I prepared both dishes the morning of Thanksgiving while baby P was napping. Then took to the in-laws house and heated them up in the oven before we ate. HAPPY HOLIDAYS my people! ♥